The human skin wraps and protects our bodies. It constitutes a
Holtby Canada Jersey , dynamic tissue system. It has the remarkable
ability to absorb applied products, partially or completely, into the
bloodstream. In fact, up to 60% of the products we use on our skin are absorbed
and deposited into the circulatory system (Fairley, 2001). For instance, the
average woman absorbs 30 pounds of the ingredients contained in moisturizers
over sixty years ( chka).
These new understandings of how the skin functions reveal concerns about the
possible long term effects due to the combination of chemicals used in
cosmetics, often termed the "chemical cocktail effect". Several chemicals which
are used in
Marchand Canada Jersey , popular cosmetics are known irritants and
carcinogens. Concern stems from the knowledge that most of these ingredients are
derived synthetically or from petroleum. Avoiding these substances serve to
decrease overall exposure to harmful or irritating cosmetic ingredients.
Ingredients to Avoid Forms Found in Cosmetics and Possible Negative Side
- Thought to contribute to Alzheimer's Disease.
- Found in almost all antiperspirants.
- Works by blocking pores so sweat cannot be released by the skin.
- FD&C, derived from coal tar.
- For example, Azo dyes are a risk to asthmatics, eczema sufferers and people
sensitive to aspirin.
- Causes hyperactivity in children, severe headaches, blurred vision and
itchywatery eyes and nose (Antczak, 2001).
- Benzoates Benzoic
Pietrangelo Canada Jersey , sodium benzoate or parahydroxy benzoate.
- Used as a preservative in cosmetics and fizzy es gastric irritation,
numbing of the mouth and aggravates asthma (Antczak, 2001).
Certain essential oils
- Rosemary is harmful to is not recommended for
DEA, MEA, TEA
- Causes allergic reactions, irritating to eyes and dries
out hair and skin (Fairley, 2001).
- Found in all persons tested by the CDC (Center for
Galchenyuk Canada Jersey , USA) in a 2000 Fall study.
- Highest levels were found in women of reproductive age.
- Causes birth defects in animals, and damaging to the male reproductive
system (ABC News, Internet Ventures 2000).
- Used in cosmetics to assist the absorption of other ingredients.
- A preservative.
- Causes skin reactions.
- Imidazolidinyl urea is the second most identified preservative causing
contact dermatitis ( American Academy of Dermatology: Fairley, 2001).
- DMDM hydantoin
- Quaternium 15
- Can contain up to 200 undeclared substances (Fairley, 2001).
- Major cause, in addition to artificial colours, of skin irritations and
allergies (Antczak Canada Hockey
Jerseys , 2001).
- May cause dizziniess, skin irritation and hyperpigmentation (Fairley,
Genetically Modified Organisms
- Soy, Corn
- Effects still undetermined.
- Drying agent, from petroleum.
- Such as hydroxyl acids, retinoic acid.
- Corrosive, used in skin peels.
- Dissolves the stratum corneum of the epidermis (outermost
Gretzky Canada Jersey , making skin more sensitive to sun damage.
- Accelerates production of dead skin cells; the skin thickens to repair its
surface so that vulnerable skin cells underneath are protected from the effects
of skin peeling.(Antczak, 2001).
- Causes allergic reactions and irritations
- Petroleum product.
- Triggers skin irritations and may be an xerestrogen (Fairley, 2001).May
play a role in falling sperm counts and rising breast cancer rates (Fairley,
2001).Used in 99% of all cosmetics (Fairley, 2001), and in many so-called
- Derived from petroleum.
- In the form of
wax Tyler Seguin
Canada Jersey , mineral oil or petrolatum.
- Comedogenic, ks pores.
- When derived from petroleum.
- Increases the amount of acid in the body, resulting in metabolic problems.
- Large amounts are needed to produce this effect (Agency forToxic Substances
and Disease Registry or ATSDR, 2003).
Sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate
- Forms carcinogenic
nitrogen compounds when combined with specific ingredients.
- Irritating to eyes, skin and lungs (Antczak, 2001).
- Harmful if swallowed and may cause damage to eyes
Stamkos Canada Jersey , 2001).
- Animal fat.
- Not suitable for vegans, and may be a skin irritant.
- Found in many nail products and nail polish removers.
- Produced during the process of making gasoline and other fuels from crude
oil or coal.
- Evaporates into the air when products containing toluene are opened.
- May affect the nervous system, andor cause tiredness, confusion, weakness,
nausea, or loss of appetite.
- Symptoms disappear when exposure is eliminated
Crosby Canada Jersey , 2003).
In Canada, not all cosmetics list their ingredients on their labels, but most
have toll free telephone numbers which link you to their customer service
departments, where inquiries about ingredient lists can be made. Reading labels
and recognizing problematic ingredients are necessary skills for a consumer who
intends to choose products that are completely natural. The cost of a cosmetic
is not a reliable indicator of either its quality or natural characteristics.
Most cosmetics, from the lowest priced, to the most costly brands, are composed
of identical base ingredients
(Begoun Shea Weber
Canada Jersey , 1991).
Cosmetics do not stay on the surface of the skin without penetrating to some
degree. Lipstick wearers, for example, consume 1.5 to 4 tubes in a lifetime
(Aveda). If one considers the ingredients being internalized by the body,
absorbing plant oils and
Jerseys Cheap Jerseys
From China Cheap
Shipping Cheap NFL
Jerseys Cheap NFL
China Wholesale NFL